Preserving the Legacy of the Edith Coliver Festival of Cultures
Dear alumni and friends,
Please join us for our Global Homecoming at International House Sunday, October 14th, from 10 am to 3 pm.
Tickets are $7 for I-House alumni; $12 for community members; Free for I-House residents. Admission includes entry to all Global Homecoming events throughout the day including the Global Table Talk Lunch in the Dining Commons from 12 pm to 1 pm.
Advanced ticket sales have ended but walk-in guests can still purchase tickets during Global Homecoming at registration on October 14th.
Event highlights include:
- I-House Director Emeritus Joe Lurie will be presenting Cultural Disconnects with Refugees and Immigrants, a theme from his newly expanded book, Perception and Deception.
- I-House Architecture Walking Tour will reveal wondrous stories underlying the architectural history, furnishings, and design of the building.
- Global Table Talk Lunch where I-House alumni and current residents have the opportunity to reunite and converse in our Dining Commons.
- Around the World Under the Dome – Guests will witness the lively international Fashion Show while enjoying international treats.
See the full schedule of events at ihouse.berkeley.edu/globalhomecoming.
International Tasting selections include:
Byrek me Djathe dhe Spinaq (Spinach and Cheese Pie)
Bakllava me Mjaltë (Walnut Baklava)
Dhallë (Yogurt Drink)
Arepas con Queso Paipoa (Corn Cake with Cheese)
Arepas de Choclo (Sweet Corn Cake)
Agua de Panela con canela y Limon (Sweet Lemon and Cinnamon Tea)
Kenyan Tilapia Biryani (Spiced Rice and Fish)
Chips Mayai (French Fries and Eggs)
Saladi ya matunda (Fruit with Chocolate sauce)
Chien Sa Ot (Lemongrass Chicken)
Bánh Khoai Mì (Cassava Cake)
Cà Phê Dá (Iced coffee)
The House will be buzzing with excitement, and we hope you will join in the fun. Register today!
The I-House Development, Alumni Relations & Communications Team looks forward to welcoming you back to I-House. If you’re in the area, please let us know!
Best regards from Berkeley,
I-House Development, Alumni Relations & Communications Team
(510) 642-4128 | firstname.lastname@example.org