Enjoy a variety of international cuisines for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full menu at: http://ihouse.berkeley.edu/dining/menu.php
Featured recipe of the week:
Grilled Marinated Lamb in Pita Pockets (served during Mediterranean lunch on Wed. July 30th.)
- 30 Lbs Lamb, cut in thin strips
- Olive Oil
- 1 quart Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cups Garlic, chopped
- 4 cups Fresh Mint
- 2 cups Fresh Oregano
- 1 cup Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Dried Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita Bread
- 6 qts. Plain or Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups Lemon Juice
- 4 bunches Fresh Dill, chopped
- 4 English Cucumbers, diced small
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinate meat with oil, red wine vinegar, and spices for 1-2 hours.
- In batches of about 25-50 portions, stir fry marinated lamb.
- Mix ingredients for sauce.
- Grill pita bread. Split pita in half, fill with lettuce, lamb, and sauce.
Pop Quiz! Name that movie:
[upon learning Ian is a vegetarian] What do you mean, you don’t eat no meat? [The entire room stops, in shock. We hear plates break and there are gasps.]
…That’s okay, that’s okay. I make lamb.