Friday, July 11: BBQ Lunch & Dinner!
Featuring Chef’s Specials Entrees, Fresh Fruit, Salads, and Aguas Frescas
Featured recipe of the week:
Channa Masala (100 Portions)
- 20 Lbs Cooked Garbanzos
- 20 Lbs Chopped Onions
- 4-#10 cans Diced Tomato
- 1 cup Fresh Garlic
- 1 cup fresh ginger
- 1 cup Coriander
- 1 cup Cumin
- ½ Cup Fennel Seeds
- 1 cup Gharam Masala
- 3 cups Olive Oil
- 10# red potato, diced 1”
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Toast all of the spices in a skillet.
- Ground toasted spices using a blender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Caramelize onions, then add ground spices. Cook for 5-10 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Add garbanzos, then water to make stew-like consistency.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to 2” hotel pan.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with white rice on the side.